A divorcee's beloved holiday celebration with her adult children derails when she falls for her daughter's charming new boyfriend.
An R-rated, sex positive comedy influenced by “The Graduate,” but told from the perspective of a protagonist inspired by Mrs. Robinson. Set in Pasadena, California.
- Security: Revenue Participation Agreement
- Valuation Cap: 120% of principal + 50% of net profit share.
- Min. Investment: $100
(Data as of June 2021.)
The Dropout: WeFunder Campaign Highlights
1) Director/writer has created content for Lionsgate, Hallmark, Google, 20th Century Fox, and more.
2) Script placed in top 5% of Academy Nicholl Screenplay entries in 2019 and 2020 out of 15,000 others.
3) Award-winning team with proven track record, who has won awards at Oscar-qualifying film festivals.
4) Davi Santos, of CBS' "Tell Me a Story," is attached to play the romantic love interest.
5) Diverse cast and crew. Juicy lead role for an actress in her late 40s/early 50s.
6) We have relationships with distributors and festivals, so we'll find a home for our finished film.
7) Growing appetite for sexually provocative content from a female perspective, proven by "Bridgerton."
8) To support female filmmakers. In 2020, only 16% of films were directed by women.
Did I Invest In The Dropout?
I’m still in the process of writing a full deal report and decide whether or not I will invest in The Dropout on WeFunder. At Angel Notes, I review 100+ pitches on 10+ platforms every month and send a detailed report every Saturday to subscribers of the Angel Notes newsletter (you can join through the form below). See you soon!