Problem Addressed: The global construction industry is an ecological disaster. Buildings are the single largest source of global carbon emissions. Steel and cement constitute 15% of emissions, and wood requires massive, unsustainable deforestation. Lumber prices have soared to an all-time high, and demand is growing rapidly due to population expansion, rural flight, and climate migration.
The Product: Bamboo is twice as strong as wood, with 2.5x the tensile strength of steel. This means we can build cheaper, taller, and safer buildings than ever before. RIZOME has developed the first scalable engineered bamboo lumber after two decades of materials science, sourcing, regulatory compliance, and innovation.
- Security: Convertible Note
- Valuation Cap: $27,000,000
- Min. Investment: $100
(Data as of June 2021)
Rizome: Wefunder Campaign Highlights
- Global leader in bamboo-engineered lumber.
- Hundreds of residential developments successfully built out of bamboo.
- Every $1,000 invested offsets your carbon footprint for a year.
- Impact investing: Support mission to sequester 10 gigatons of CO2 by 2050.
- Support Indigenous Land Rights & create regenerative circular economies globally.
- Perfect time: lumber prices at an all-time high and rapidly accelerating $1T addressable market.
- Competitive edge: 70% lower cost of production & the largest bamboo supply in the world.
- Featured on CNBC News, the Climate Fix, & more.
Did I Invest In Rizome?
I’m still in the process of writing a full deal report and decide whether or not I will invest in Rizome on WeFunder. At Angel Notes, I review 100+ pitches on 10+ platforms every month and send a detailed report every Saturday to subscribers of the Angel Notes newsletter (you can join through the form below). See you soon!