Problem Addressed: The current commodity malt supply places little-to-no value on conservation & the vitality of rural communities. Furthermore, craft brewes seek differentiation: there are 8,275 US breweries with 2000 new breweries in planning.
The Product: Mainstem is a premium supplier of a primary ingredient for the booming craft beer and spirits market, plus other crafty niches.
- Security: Priced Round
- Valuation Cap: $4,440,000
- Min. Investment: $100
(Data as of June 2021.)
Mainstem Malt: WeFunder Campaign Highlights
1) We sell the #1 non-water ingredient in craft beer ($29B+ US market) and single malt whiskey.
2) $1.08MM+ lifetime malt sales w/ 63+ accounts nationally. ~$500k contracted 2021 sales and growing.
3) A new processing partnership cuts historical COGS by 50%+ and unlocks big growth opportunities.
4) We think bigger, beyond malt sales, to tech-enabled supply chain & marketing support for artisans.
5) The world's first B Corp maltster, committed long-term to deep sustainability in agriculture.
6) Engaged in the craft malt community since 2014; Phil's an active Craft Maltsters Guild board member.
7) The "mainstem" is the longest channel in a river network. It's also our metaphor for collaboration.
8) With your support, Mainstem will change the way the world dreams about malt.
Did I Invest In Mainstem Malt?
I’m still in the process of writing a full deal report and decide whether or not I will invest in Mainstem Malt on WeFunder. At Angel Notes, I review 100+ pitches on 10+ platforms every month and send a detailed report every Saturday to subscribers of the Angel Notes newsletter (you can join through the form below). See you soon!