Problem Addressed: Right now, 6,000,000 dogs die of cancer every year. All sizes of dogs and all ages of dogs get cancer. When our dogs get sick with cancer, their options are limited to outdated, expensive, and non-curative therapies. In fact, only a few drugs have ever been developed specifically for dogs. Most current options are generic chemotherapies first developed for humans, or expensive and invasive surgeries and radiation.
The Product: LEAH Labs is the first company utilizing gene editing to engineer living therapies for dogs. Using a proprietary technology, the company gives living cells the genetic information to seek out and destroy cancer.
- Security: SAFE
- Valuation Cap: $12,000,000
- Min. Investment: $100
(Data as of June 2021.)
Leah Labs: WeFunder Campaign Highlights
1) The company is developing a cost effective cell therapy to cure cancer in dogs that is already proven in humans.
2) Leah Labs built an MVP and showed it's safe in dogs. They started treating cancer patients in August.
3) Wefunder funds goes DIRECTLY to pilot trials in dogs with cancer.
4) A team of world leading experts in gene editing, immunotherapy, and veterinary oncology.
5) Awarded $394,000 in grant funding to date, including a National Science Foundation Phase I SBIR.
6) Booming companion animal market. Over 90M dogs in the USA, $100B+ yearly spend in the space.
7) Backed by Y Combinator W19. Other alumni include Ginkgo Bioworks, Atomwise, Science Exchange
8) 6M dogs die from cancer each year and we're on track to get to market by 2024 to help.
Did I Invest In Leah Labs?
I’m still in the process of writing a full deal report and decide whether or not I will invest in Leah Labs on WeFunder. At Angel Notes, I review 100+ pitches on 10+ platforms every month and send a detailed report every Saturday to subscribers of the Angel Notes newsletter (you can join through the form below). See you soon!