Three years ago, on National Tequila Day, Howard Cao, dug around in his studio’s cupboard and stumbled upon an old bottle of tequila that had been inadvertently neglected over the years. Dusting it off, he popped open the bottle, took a sip, and was absolutely moved.
He thought of the people and hard work that went into making such a fine tequila, not to mention the agave and beautiful regions they were sourced from.
Above all, he wondered how the spirits we drink today could bring so many people together but with so little appreciation for the spirits’ culture and heritage. This insight inspired him to design something he could share with his friends and family.
What initially began as a clever holiday gift, evolved into KOKORO Spirits, a company that curates a collection of premium spirits and a brand that celebrates communities and cultures from around the world.
KOKORO Spirits was founded on the belief that we can expect more from the spirits industry than just another brand of alcohol. We are a socially responsible company that shares cultural and traditional experiences from around the world. We love that spirits are best enjoyed in celebration with our friends, families, and neighbors, near & far.
Howard Cao, Founder & Interim CEO
- Security: SAFE
- Valuation Cap: $3,500,000
- Min. Investment: $100
(Data as of June 2021.)
Kokoro Spirits: WeFunder Campaign Highlights
1) Our 1st product is an award-winning tequila with back-to-back gold medals from San Francisco World Spirits Competition.
2) Our team of seasoned advisors and industry professionals has experience guiding billion-dollar companies to exit.
3) US retail sales of spirits are up 32% in 2020 with online alcohol sales growing at almost 500% from last year.
4) Our Direct-To-Consumer model leverages the increase in consumer demand and will quickly build brand enthusiasts.
5) We are a California Benefit Corporation, a Pending B Corp, and a member of 1% for the Planet.
Did I Invest In Kokoro Spirits?
I’m still in the process of writing a full deal report and decide whether or not I will invest in Kokoro Spirits on WeFunder. At Angel Notes, I review 100+ pitches on 10+ platforms every month and send a detailed report every Saturday to subscribers of the Angel Notes newsletter (you can join through the form below). See you soon!