The company is creating an interconnected universe of Wuxia characters and stories based on one of the most popular Chinese libraries through comics as a “minimum viable product” both as a profit center, as well as the basis of significant media adaptations into film/games/tv/immersive media.
The Martial Arts Fantasy genre (Wuxia) has been around for thousands of years, yet it does not have a dedicated global home. We are here to change that - with a vision to modernize and elevate it - ultimate, to Awaken the Hero in Everyone.
Peter Shiao, Founder & CEO
- Security: SAFE
- Valuation Cap: $18,000,000
- Min. Investment: $100
(Data as of June 2021.)
Immortal Studios: WeFunder Campaign Highlights
1) Exclusive rights to the 60+ title library of top martial arts fantasy writer Shiao Yi
2) Launched two comic books, The Adept + Immortal Swordsmen, on Kickstarter proving product-market fit
3) Both funded on the 1st day and raised over 300% of our goal
4) Team/advisory board comprised of industry veterans from Marvel, DC, Riot, Fox, and Disney
5) Proved out comic-first engagement model for cost-effective and exponential value creation
6) Focused on large global market that includes US and China
7) Hollywood is hungry for genre IP based offerings with comparable deals with 9-10 digit exits
Did I Invest In Immortal Studios?
I’m still in the process of writing a full deal report and decide whether or not I will invest in Immortal Studios on WeFunder. At Angel Notes, I review 100+ pitches on 10+ platforms every month and send a detailed report every Saturday to subscribers of the Angel Notes newsletter (you can join through the form below). See you soon!