Hana Makgeolli started as a passion project in 2015 by founder and brewer Alice Jun. Through years of sharing her home brews at popups and events all over New York City, Alice realized the potential of her traditionally and naturally made brews. Alice met business partner John Limb in 2017 and they set their sights on building the first artisanal Korean rice wine brewery in the US.
Fast forward to 2020, Hana Makgeolli was able to complete construction of its 2500 sq. ft brewery and taproom in Greenpoint, Brooklyn and began production amidst a pandemic - completely selling out their first two releases after their September launch. Hana Makgeolli quickly became recognized as a force not only in the Korean alcohol space but also in the world of natural wines due to their use of high quality, organic ingredients, a wild fermentation starter and traditional brewing methodologies.
- Security: Priced Round
- Valuation Cap: $3,000,000
- Min. Investment: $100
(Data as of June 2021.)
Hana Makgeolli: WeFunder Campaign Highlights
1) The country's first and only brewery specializing in artisanal Korean rice wines.
2) Female founder and head brewer.
3) Already raised $550K out of a $750K seed round goal.
4) Extremely strong demand and sales across channels since September 2020 launch.
5) Every bottle made has been sold, generating $80K in our first 6 months operating at 60% capacity.
6) High growth potential with untapped tasting room sales and larger scale production and distribution.
7) Core portfolio of 3 wines, all made with the highest quality organic rice and authentic Korean fermentation starter.
Did I Invest In Hana Makgeolli?
I’m still in the process of writing a full deal report and decide whether or not I will invest in Hana Makgeolli on WeFunder. At Angel Notes, I review 100+ pitches on 10+ platforms every month and send a detailed report every Saturday to subscribers of the Angel Notes newsletter (you can join through the form below). See you soon!