Problem Addressed: Only 7.7% of african households have a computer/internet connection because 1GB of mobile data costs 10% of the average family income in sub-saharan Africa.
The Product: Since WhatsApp opened up their API, students can use FoondaMata to search, define, solve basic maths equations and download relevant question sets.
I attended an under-resourced school in South Africa. I was the only student in the school with access to a laptop. I graduated top of my class and was the first student from the school ever to be accepted into Africa's top university. This is because I had access to more resources, and I want this to be the case for all students.
Dacod Magaula, CEO
- Security: SAFE
- Valuation Cap: $7,000,000
- Min. Investment: $100
(Data as of June 2021.)
Foondamate: WeFunder Campaign Highlights
1) 100k Users in the 8 months since launch
2) Used in 10+ countries, and scaling quickly
3) Featured in TrendWatching's list of most impactful innovations for 2021
4) Participated in Cohort 4 of Wefunder's XX Accelerator ($50k investment)
5) High social impact value - enable students from developing countries to study online
6) Diverse founding team (female founder, black founder)
Did I Invest In Foondamate?
I’m still in the process of writing a full deal report and decide whether or not I will invest in Foondamate on WeFunder. At Angel Notes, I review 100+ pitches on 10+ platforms every month and send a detailed report every Saturday to subscribers of the Angel Notes newsletter (you can join through the form below). See you soon!