Problem Addressed: FoodieKid was born out of personal need. Christine was a busy, working mom who wanted her kids to have a healthy start in life. She had one child who snubbed existing pre-made baby food options. And another who refused to eat purees. Like many parents, she had no choice but to make everything from scratch, and in multiple forms (puree & finger food). Overwhelmed with the time consuming process, Christine knew there had to be an easier solution.
The Product: FoodieKid is a baby and toddler food brand with a highly differentiated product offering. The company's first line, Simple Starters provides meal packets of organic, prepped and flash-frozen ingredients that are nutritiously balanced and recipe ready. Parents choose the texture and flavor, eliminating the 'staging' that comes with baby food.
- Security: SAFE
- Valuation Cap: $5,000,000
- Min. Investment: $100
(Data as of June 2021)
Foodiekid: Wefunder Campaign Highlights
- First to bring to market a packaged frozen baby food 'meal kit'.
- The company's revenue in 2020 was 2x previous year.
- Foodiekid launched in NYC and sold in CT, NJ, DC, PA, DE via flagship e-tailer Fresh Direct & 35 retail locations.
- Organic product with 4x LTV of traditional baby food that can be used for an infant, toddler or child.
- Launching in 70 stores in Q2 2021 in CT and MA.
- Accepted into UNFI NEXT program for emerging brands in March 2020.
- Established industry relationships and scalable infrastructure to grow and scale Simple Starters.
Did I Invest In Foodiekid?
I’m still in the process of writing a full deal report and decide whether or not I will invest in Foodiekid on Wefunder. At Angel Notes, I review 100+ pitches on 10+ platforms every month and send a detailed report every Saturday to subscribers of the Angel Notes newsletter (you can join through the form below). See you soon!