Problem Addressed: The internet is out of control. Hate speech on online forums. Coordinated rumors spread by bots about anyone. Fake news about vaccines, COVID-19, the elections, and even major brands. The problem is getting worse and current methods to tackle fake news aren't working.
The Product: Factmata has been building patent-pending AI technology since 2016 to detect hate speech, disinformation, and misinformation. It is an engine that can extract all the key claims and assertions made on the internet, and cluster them together, even if they are expressed in slightly different ways.
- Security: Priced Round
- Pre-Money Valuation: $6,000,000
- Min. Investment: $100
(Data as of June 2021.)
Factmata: WeFunder Campaign Highlights
1) On a mission to give everyone a better understanding of online content
2) Raised from Mark Cuban, Biz Stone (co-founder of Twitter), Craig Newmark (Founder, Craigslist)
3) Built by top PhDs from the University of Cambridge, Amazon, Microsoft, UCL, Google, and more
4) The first startup to block fake news in the ad tech market both for SSPs and DSPs
5) First UK government-approved tool to detect disinformation (G-Cloud 11 framework)
6) 10 US patents pending on methods to score content for reliability and safety using experts +. AI
Did I Invest In Factmata?
I’m still in the process of writing a full deal report and decide whether or not I will invest in Factmata on WeFunder. At Angel Notes, I review 100+ pitches on 10+ platforms every month and send a detailed report every Saturday to subscribers of the Angel Notes newsletter (you can join through the form below). See you soon!