EQUO is a sustainable brand delivering easy solutions for everyday single-use plastic items. First line of products is drinking straws made from grass, rice, coconut and sugarcane. 100% plastic-free, biodegradable, compostable and non-toxic!
Additional categories will include utensils, dishware and stationary. EQUO products don't ask you to learn or change your actions or behavior. They are easy, no brainer switches so simple, you may not even notice them - even though Mother Nature does.
I started the company because I want to build a brighter, more sustainable future for my nephew, to create jobs in my parents' home country of Vietnam, to change the environmental trajectory of the Earth and to create easy, no brainer solutions for anyone to become more green.
Marina Tran-Vu, Founder & CEO
- Security: SAFE
- Valuation Cap: $5,000,000
- Min. Investment: $100
(Data as of June 2021.)
Equo: WeFunder Campaign Highlights
1) Raised $15,000 on Kickstarter, 300+ backers in 30 days (160% of target). Amazon Launchpad featured.
2) First Vietnam-based company backed by Techstars (2021) - only product company in the cohort.
3) Global government bans on single-use plastic makes change MANDATORY - the market needs our products.
4) We've got peoples attention: The Spruce, Geeky Gadgets, Brightly.eco, Business Insider, Woman's Day
5) SME100 Vietnam Award, Flik's 21 Entrepreneurs to Watch, Plastic Pollution Coalition Member.
Did I Invest In Equo?
I’m still in the process of writing a full deal report and decide whether or not I will invest in Equo on WeFunder. At Angel Notes, I review 100+ pitches on 10+ platforms every month and send a detailed report every Saturday to subscribers of the Angel Notes newsletter (you can join through the form below). See you soon!