In 2019, while drawing on his deep knowledge and years of experience in operations, finance, sales, and brand management in the food & beverage industry, our founder Youngwon Lee got a question stuck in his mind. Unknown to him at the time, that question would be the one that would drive him to innovate - "Why is it that we experiment with Asian flavors when it comes to our food, but not when it comes to our drinks?".
This grew into a mischievous conviction and thus began the process of his quest to unearth an answer. Settling in Oakland, California, Youngwon delved deep into the craft beer scene and found that it was a place where people sought out interesting, new, and different flavors. Seeing how bold the scene was he knew that he had found the perfect place to start answering his question.
- Security: SAFE
- Valuation Cap: $5,000,000
- Min. Investment: $250
(Data as of June 2021)
Dokkaebier: Wefunder Campaign Highlights
- Minority-owned small business adding diversity within the craft beer industry.
- Opened a successful popup in San Francisco generating $185,000 in the midst of Covid19.
- Finalist in the 2020 Brewbound Pitch Slam Competition.
- Raising $470,000 within a year of establishing Dokkaebier.
- Successful collaborations with local non-profits, benefitting frontline healthcare workers.
Did I Invest In Dokkaebier?
I’m still in the process of writing a full deal report and decide whether or not I will invest in Dokkaebier on Wefunder. At Angel Notes, I review 100+ pitches on 10+ platforms every month and send a detailed report every Saturday to subscribers of the Angel Notes newsletter (you can join through the form below). See you soon!