Problem Addressed: Personal savings, credit cards, and family contributions make up 83% of all startup funding. Furthermore, according to a Morgan Stanley report, traditional VCs have a $4T blindspot when it comes to women- and minority-led businesses.
The Product: Chisos provides a unique source of alternative financing for overlooked and under represented entrepreneurs. The company is raising funds on Wefunder to build a platform to connect great potential founders with capital.
- Security: Convertible Note
- Valuation Cap: $15,000,000
- Min. Investment: $100
(Data as of June 2021)
Chisos: Wefunder Campaign Highlights
- Addressing the $4T blindspot in startup financing by backing high-potential, overlooked founders.
- Unlike banks, we evaluate founders based on future potential, not just assets & financial history.
- Chisos’ Convertible Income Share Agreement uncaps equity upside for investors & flexibility for founders.
- Wefunder investors receive 3X PREFERRED waterfall position for profit distributions.
- Raised $550K pre-seed operating capital & $500K Fund I; currently raising $10mm Fund II.
- Developed platform with proprietary underwriting algorithm; automated application & diligence process.
- 200% online application increase in 2021; 10 completed investments to date.
- Proof: ~$20K ISA repayments; Returning ~10% of Invested Capital to Fund I LPs in 2021 (est.).
Did I Invest In Chisos?
I’m still in the process of writing a full deal report and decide whether or not I will invest in Chisos on Wefunder. At Angel Notes, I review 100+ pitches on 10+ platforms every month and send a detailed report every Saturday to subscribers of the Angel Notes newsletter (you can join through the form below). See you soon!