Problem Addressed: Competitors still rely on human loan officers to drive the majority of their process. After a customer submits a loan application online, their file is passed off to a loan officer for the next steps. At this point, they are beholden to the loan team to process their loan.
The Product: According to the team, Bee will be the first end-to-end mobile solution, from rate shopping through closing. Their platform should eliminate the need to deal with a loan officer so that the mortgage process will be driven by the borrower, on their time and schedule. The company also has a team of mortgage experts available if they prefer to speak with a human.
- Security: SAFE
- Valuation Cap: $15,000,000
- Min. Investment: $100
(Data as of June 2021.)
Bee Mortgage App: WeFunder's Campaign Highlights
- According to their Wefunder campaign, Bee is backed by leading VCs and has raised $1.3M+ to date.
- Bee is built by MIT MBA engineers & mortgage pros for Generation Mobile— targeting the same users as Robinhood, Chime, Fair, WhatsApp and Carvana.
- Women & minority founded.
- Team experienced in mobile app dev, mortgage lending, real estate and blockchain/AI/ML automation.
- Proven execution: first product released on time and under budget in 2020.
- Patent pending AI, machine learning & blockchain automation, aiming a 3x loan production.
Did I Invest In Bee Mortgage App?
I’m still in the process of writing a full deal report and decide whether or not I will invest in Bee Mortgage App on WeFunder. At Angel Notes, I review 100+ pitches on 10+ platforms every month and send a detailed report every Saturday to subscribers of the Angel Notes newsletter (you can join through the form below). See you soon!